Institutional Learning Outcomes
The following learning outcomes reflect the university’s mission and priorities. These broad learning outcomes form the foundation for specific program learning outcomes.
Students who complete degrees at Los Angeles Pacific University shall be able to:
- Relate a Christian worldview to academic disciplines, life, and work; articulating ways life journeys connect to God’s story in the Bible.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.
- Critically evaluate, integrate, and apply knowledge.
- Achieve quantitative, technological, information, and data literacy.
- Demonstrate professional competencies in a chosen field of study.
- Demonstrate integrative and innovative thinking.
- Interpret human behavior in a manner that recognizes the influence of diverse worldviews and experiences on societal or interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively, across and within community contexts and structures, for the common good.
LAPU anticipates its students will continue to develop and use their knowledge, abilities, attitudes, and faith throughout their lives to benefit society, the Church, and themselves.
Commitment to Program Learning Outcomes
Los Angeles Pacific University is committed to university-wide assessment processes. Each program has identified specific program learning outcomes, which are available in the catalog description of each degree program.
Commitment to Faith, Life, and Learning
Los Angeles Pacific University teaches and serves from a Christian worldview through a holistic understanding and practice of promoting faith, life, and learning. We believe the entire LAPU community is called to contribute to cultivating hope through learning and we accomplish this through our core values of being Exemplary, Caring, and focused on Learning. We are committed to preparing individuals not only with the skills and attitudes to thrive in their community and workplace, but also to point the way to something bigger—to the ultimate hope that is in Jesus Christ.
As it relates to students, LAPU conceives the promotion of faith, life, and learning as engaging students in learning (through curriculum design, instruction, and student support) that reflects the Christian worldview of LAPU and culminates in the realization of hope in our students. As a result of this process (through their interactions and study at LAPU) our students will be able to:
- apply a Christian worldview to their life and work in the world;
- articulate how and in what ways their life journeys connect to God’s story;
- engage with diverse faith perspectives within the learning community at LAPU; and
- recognize God’s work in the world through all academic disciplines.