Associate of Arts in Humanities
The Los Angeles Pacific University Core comprises the General Education requirements and the LAPU Distinctives. Students are encouraged to complete the Core before beginning their major requirements. General Education requirements may be met by transfer work. The LAPU Distinctives are required for all undergraduate degrees at LAPU.
|General Education Requirements||25|
Program Learning Outcomes (PLO) for the Associate of Arts Degree
Graduates of the Associate of Arts degree program will be able to:
- PLO 1: Demonstrate the ability to articulate contextually informed interpretations of biblical texts.
- PLO 2: Demonstrate competency in quantitative reasoning.
- PLO 3: Apply critical thinking skills through the development of analytical reasoning.
- PLO 4: Critically evaluate political, social, economic, or cultural issues through a historical perspective to develop as knowledgeable global citizens.
- PLO 5: Demonstrate effective written communication skills.
- PLO 6: Demonstrate effective oral communication skills.
- PLO 7: Analyze diversity as expressed in literature, the fine arts, religious traditions, or language.
|COMM 105||Public Communication||3|
|ENGL 105||Introduction to Academic Research and Writing||3|
|ARTS 110||Introduction to Art||3|
|ENGL 115||Introduction to Literature (Recommended)||3|
|or PHIL 205||Introduction to Philosophy|
|MATH 105||Survey of College Mathematics (Recommended)||3|
|or MATH 125||College Algebra|
|or STAT 280||Applied Statistics|
|ECON 203||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|or PSYC 105||Introduction to Psychology|
|HIST 204||U.S. History from 1865 (Recommended)||3|
|or HIST 202||World Civilizations|
|or HIST 420||United States History and the Constitution|
|Physical and Biological Sciences|
|BIOL 230||Anatomy and Physiology I/Lab||4|
|or BIOL 240||Anatomy and Physiology II/Lab|
|or CHEM 115||Chemistry for Health Sciences/Lab|
|or NSCI 150||Introduction to Astronomy/Lab|
|BIBL 100||Introduction to Biblical Literature: Exodus/Deuteronomy||3|
|BIBL 230||Introduction to Biblical Literature: Luke/Acts||3|
|ISTU 101||Success in the University 1||3|
Must be taken at LAPU.
Requirements for the A.A. in Humanities
|Humanities (A.A., 26 credits) 1|
|ENGL 101||Introduction to Composition||3|
|PHIL 210||Introduction to Ethics||3|
|SPAN 121||Beginning Spanish I||3|
|SPAN 122||Beginning Spanish II||3|
|God's Word and the Christian Response|
|RLGN 100||Introduction to Global Religious Studies||3|
|RLGN 220||Foundations for Christian Life||3|
18 credits of humanities courses complete an Associate of Arts degree by preparing students for further academic studies or employment. The program rounds out a liberal arts education by including English composition, ethics, foreign language, Christian heritage, and spiritual formation.
8 credits of electives offer students the opportunity to explore areas of interest beyond the required coursework.