Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership
The Master of Arts degree in Organizational Leadership (MAOL) program is designed expressly for individuals who are interested in developing and advancing their leadership skills. This program is created for students who already possess leadership experience and are seeking advanced organizational leadership and administrative proficiencies in order to open career pathways for promotion, new career ventures, or enhancement of current leadership opportunities.
Today’s complex and challenging organizations demand individuals who know how to lead organizational change effectively. The MAOL program equips students with relevant leadership skills, in-depth understanding of business practices, and the ethical standards to lead with integrity. It is ideal for students who aspire to serve in a leadership position. This 30-credit degree also prepares students for doctoral studies. The 10-course program can be completed in 20 months.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLO) for the M.A. Degree in Organizational Leadership
Graduates of the Master of Arts degree in Organizational Leadership program will be able to:
- PLO 1: Integrate ethical principles of Christian faith and leadership in organizational settings.
- PLO 2: Apply leadership theories and principles in culturally diverse global organizations.
- PLO 3: Analyze data and present solutions through effective oral communication.
- PLO 4: Analyze data and present solutions through written communication.
- PLO 5: Apply leadership competencies for effecting change within organizations.
- PLO 6: Propose innovative leadership strategies for improving organizational effectiveness.
- PLO 7: Demonstrate the ability to build positive relationships through team building and collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
Requirements for the M.A. Degree in Organizational Leadership
This program features a sequenced course design consisting of 10 courses which total 30 credits. Students take one course at a time completing two courses each semester. In order to earn the MAOL degree students must complete the following required courses while achieving a minimum cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 in their major courses.
The required courses are:
|ORGS 500||Leadership Theory and Practice||3|
|ORGS 520||Diversity and Cultural Dynamics||3|
|ORGS 530||Evidence-Based Decision Making||3|
|ORGS 550||Leading with Moral Excellence||3|
|ORGS 570||Leading Organizational Change||3|
|ORGS 580||Strategic Thinking||3|
|ORGS 590||Entrepreneurial Leadership||3|
|ORGS 610||Organizational Behavior and Development||3|
|ORGS 680||Advanced Topics in Strategic Leadership||3|
|ORGS 690||Organizational Leadership Capstone||3|