When entering into partnerships with partners that are not accredited schools in the US, LAPU retains sole responsibility for the following:
Outreach, Recruitment, Admission, and Enrollment
- Establishing the admissions criteria for students.
- Making exceptions to admissions requirements.
- Making final admissions decisions.
Course Development, Pedagogy, and Instruction
- Establishing degree programs, degree level, student learning outcomes, course objectives, and number of credits.
- Reviewing and approving course content and program curriculum.
- Conducting institution-mandated program review.
- Awarding credit for prior or experiential learning.
- Awarding and recording of academic credit and credentials.
- Assessment of student learning (defining outcomes, analyzing and interpreting evidence, using information for improvement).
- Assigning grades.
Academic Support and Student Services
- Maintaining records of student performance.
- Conducting degree audit (for LAPU degree-seeking students).
- Deciding to retain or dismiss students.
- Handling appeals and exceptions to academic policies and requirements.
Faculty Recruitment and Appointment
- Selecting, approving, and appointing instructors.
- Evaluating course instructors.
There are currently no partnerships in place for graduate international students.